Monday, January 17, 2011

Word Attack, Word Attack


Adolescents - Adolescents

I hate feeding into bad stereotypes of myself, but on off days I stop giving a shit. Today is one of those days. I couldn’t imagine boring you with the details—suffice it to say, I feel rather meh. Anyway, in utter typicality, I’m cooking vegan food, drinking juice from a large jug, and listening to the Adolescents at a piss-off-the-neighbors volume.

This S/T album is one of my favorite albums ever, and it reminds me of my more angry youth. In a weird way, this makes me less angry. It’s an album that is as standard to the general punk collection as “Birth of the Cool” is to the guys-who-own-turtlenecks collection. Most of you’ve either had this album since middle school or wouldn’t like it to begin with, so I won’t harp on it. It’s quick, it’s angsty, it’s catchy as fuck, and above all else it’s solid all the way through. If you’re in the minority that reads this write-up and starts diggin’ on this album: shame and double shame on you, but I guess that means I’ve done my job.

I’ll leave this short, because I feel like a big bummer. I guess the only thing left to say is that today sucks, but fuckall, I’m gonna cook some potatoes.

Have a nice day.

-Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment