Thursday, November 4, 2010

Celtic Soul

van-morrison-astral-weeks
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks


The History:
Van Morrison's sophmore album, and generally considered his magnus opum. It's a sweeping, soulful album that, I hate to say this, takes you on a journey. It's orchestral, it's folky, clearly heartfelt, and from what I can tell, was (and is) something truly one-of-a-kind. This isn't Brown Eyed Girl at all, it's something so different that I can't even place it in a genre or mood. I could try pick it apart and talk about it's ups and downs, but like a middle school kid who loves frogs, I can't dissect something so beautiful.



Basically, listening to the album, I was like
itsbeautiful


-Thom

1 comment:

  1. This is good. Oh yeah. This is real good.

    REAL GOOD.

    seriously though great album thanks for the rec

    ReplyDelete